LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Can police serve harassment papers on some who lives at the

Customer Question

Can police serve harassment papers on some who lives at the address and is not home
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

When you say serve, do you mean the police just left them on the door or with someone who lives there? Also, is this a lawsuit or a court order? What State is this in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's in pierce county wa.
It was served (left on the porch)the door was answered by someone else but that person didn't take the papers. The police left them on the porch.
The Cort date was yesterday, but I didn't go. They came today (police) knocked on door but I didn't answer. They must of heard me in the house and said we have paperwork for u. But this time did not leave it on the porch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is with my neighbor. Who s bull mastic dog bit my23 year old daughter this past spring and left her disabled.
No charges were filed conserving that insident.
But actually my boyfriend who is 28,black,on doc.,has been (but is not now had gang ties, and d.v. charges)and done prison time. Is the person who is being served

Thank you for the additional information. If someone was home and refused taking service on behalf of the intended party and the police knew service was being avoided, they could leave the papers on the porch and would advise the court, in the return of service, about what happened. Now, if the court date was missed, he needs to find out what happened and what action was taken. If the police came back again to serve additional papers, it may have been to serve him with a no contact order or something to keep him away from the neighbor, if there are problems. He MUST find out what this is all about. He needs to look into the court file or online, to see what has happened, since he may want to contest this and be heard and need to vacate the order. The intentional avoidance of being served is not necessarily going to protect him, so this does nee to be handled. If the police did not leave anything this time, I have to believe it was a no contact order, since it needs to be personally served on him and they will continue to come back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We believe this could affect his doc commitments and recovery.
In all reality it was me who did the harassing out of anger.
But they are targeting him I think cuz of his past.

If he had nothing to do with this, then that is even a greater reason to want to appear and be heard and you could appear as well, to testify on his behalf. The papers should have been taken, so he knows what is going on, so it can be contested.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the neighbor had put up security cameras and faced one at our porch. I had bought a bb gun that I shot bbs from and some of the bbs ricochet off my house hitting his window. Didn't break window. Cops were called by the neighbor.
No one was arrested EVER. but the security camera, I addressed by calling police who came and told both of us about anti-harassment procedures.
2 days later he was served (my boyfriend)not me and I own the house.
Also can police pull me over if I'm driving down the road to serve the papers?

I have never herd of a situation, where they pull someone over. They would come to your home or place of employment to find out. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!