Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
77500129

Under CA CCP Sec. 12, the first day is excluded and the last

Customer Question

Under CA CCP Sec. 12, the first day is excluded and the last day is included, so for calculation of statute of limitations for personal injury suffered in automobile accident on December 3, 2013, I calculate that last day to file a lawsuit for these damages to be December 3, 2015, under CA CCP Sec. 335.1. Do you concur or do you believe that the last day to file the lawsuit for personal injury is December 2, 2015?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the last day to file a lawsuit in California for personal injuries sustained in an automobile accident that occurred on December 3, 2013?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I m a licensed California attorney. The last day to file would be Thursday, December 3 of this year. The proper court for filing would be either the place where the injury occurred or the place where the defendant is located [CCP Section 395(a)], so you can file in either county and be fine. Good luck!

Hello, I hope you found my answer helpful and you got your complaint filed. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I only receive credit for this answer if I am rated, so if you could rate me I would appreciate it. Thank you!