Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

How legal is an agreementI signed upon lawyers instruction

Customer Question

How legal is an agreementI signed upon lawyers instruction BEFORE I had the benefit of reading the entire agreement. I trusted our lawyer and upon his insistence due to a time factor, I signed my name to a piece of paper, then it was notorized BEFORE I had a copy of the entire settlement. I have addressed this with the responsible attorney and he refused to discuss it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would it be wise for me to call the disciplinary board at Florida State Bar Assn?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My telephone number is *****
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, the agreement is legal. Once you signed it, it becomes a legally binding agreement if the other party to the agreement has also signed it. However, if you are now alleging that you signed the agreement under duress/or under false pretenses, you can seek to undo the agreement. If your Attorney is not cooperating, you can file complaint with the Court to have the agreement rescinded.

You may also file complaint against your Attorney with the disciplinary board for refusal to address the issue. Click on the link below for the complaint process:

http://www.floridabar.org/attorneydiscipline#FileComplaintAgainstLawyer