CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I went out of country left my son to take of my business but

Customer Question

I went out of country left my son to take of my business but he died and my daughters took over my business with fraud they changed the business name and made cooperation on their own name oped new bank accounts .i was out of country my daughter said she can buy the business I said ok I told her the amount and told her to make a contract and send me but she never did.now I'm back and she making me run around
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation. My very best advice to you in this situation is to retain a lawyer to represent you in this matter (I know that customers do not come to this forum to be told "go hire a lawyer" but in this type of case that really is your best course of action - both to help you best leverage your legal position and to help deal with this family dynamic).

The causes of action that you have against your daughter for stealing your business include "conversion" (the civil equivalent of theft), breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, breach of contract, and likely other causes of action. This is intentional conduct so not only is she responsible for your actual damages, but you can also attempt to recover punitive or "exemplary" damages.

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I told her the amount if she wanna buy the business I told her that she will have to pay me before April 2016'but she never made the contract and we never signed

I would hire that attorney.

You don't have a contract, you made her an offer, she never accepted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.

Bill