MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My wife and I made a purchase of some very expensive

Customer Question

My wife and I made a purchase of some very expensive cosmetics last night, and are now wanting to cancel the deal and get a credit refund made to our credit card. We are assuming the 3-day recission law allows us to do this. Are we correct?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is it depends if the purchase meets the following requirements: 3 Days is the usual time period, granted by the Federal Trade Commission rules, for door-to-door sales involving a transaction of $25.00 or more. You must be given written notice of the right to cancel. Details and exceptions to this general rule can be found on the Federal Trade Commission's Web site at http://www.ftc.gov

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

You also have three days to cancel on any home solicitation sale, which is a consumer credit sale (not involving a credit card). A consumer credit sale means, in general, a sale of goods, services, a mobile home, or an interest in land in which credit is granted or arranged, and such items are purchased primarily for a personal, family, or household purpose. Uniform Consumer Credit Code, C.R.S. 5-3-401-5, and 5-1-301(11).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did not make the purchase in our home.
Does the 3-day rule apply for an in-store purchase?

If you went and purchased from a brick and mortar store, then their return policy is what applies.