Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My son is attending the University of Buffalo - he did not

Customer Question

My son is attending the University of Buffalo - he did not enroll for an insurance policy with the school - when he went to complete the waiver he was told that the deadline had past -
is my son legally liable to pay for $2000 insurance plan that he did not sign up for?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

Here it is not too late to try and get out of this.Here is where he needs to email immediately.

If you feel as though you experienced extenuating circumstances which prevented you from completing a waiver during the waiver period (7/1/15-11/24/15), please email Laureen Fairgrieve (*****@******.***) with a detailed explanation of the circumstances for consideration.

I would set out if he has been say away at home or otherwise detained here.try to talk it up and see of they will buy his claim of extenuating circumstances. It is certainly worth a try.
They do have discretion to waive this if you can show good cause.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Also the 2016 Open Enrollment period for Obamacare health insurance is November 1, 2015 to January 31, 2016.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

https://www.gallagherstudent.com/students/student-home.php?idField=1272

Send it your request for extenuating circumstances here.I will say a small prayer for you here.Thanks again.