MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Have a lady who I loaned 25,000 dollars to and she has paid

Customer Question

Have a lady who I loaned 25,000 dollars to and she has paid nearly 7,000 back to me, but I have waited 4 years for the rest of my money, but she keeps avoiding me and paying and she readily admits she owes me the money. what can I do to get my 18,000 back.
Thanks
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did you put anything in writing regarding the loan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but she refused to sign, but readily admits to oweing the money to me.

The only thing you will be able to do at this point is to sue her in civil court under the premise that there was a verbal contract that she is in breach of.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I turn her into the credit bueraos also

You will need a judgment first in order to do that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I need an attorney for the court to sue and what kind of an attorney do I need.

It isn't necessary, but it is recommended. You would need a civil attorney.

Please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.