Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I just went amnd seen a lawyer yesterday about Bankruptcy, I

Customer Question

I just went amnd seen a lawyer yesterday about Bankruptcy, I was not a good client for that but they I could go for , they would work with my depts and solve them, I signed some papers but had no Money to put down, they ask me to stop paying my Credit cards and would give them the down payment in January, can I call and cancel that contract, something just don't settle right in my gut?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

If you notify them within 3 days of the signing of the contract, you can cancel the contract. You should read your documents, and it should state this. However, I suggest that you contact them today and tell them you are cancelling. You are not comfortable with the agreement and you then should write them a letter to this regard and state that you are cancelling the contract with in the 3 days as allowed by Florida law.

But read your documents and see what it says about cancellation. And after you talk to them, mail the letter overnight so they get it within the 3 days.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

In Florida, if you contract for services to be rendered in the future on a continuing basis, you are entitled to a three day cooling-off period.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

A sale for future services can be cancelled by the buyer by notifying the seller within three business days from the date the buyer signs the contract. There is no requirement that the notice be made in writing. However, it is a better practice for the buyer to send written notice to the seller by certified mail.

You can read more at this LINK by the Florida Attorney General.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you