TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I m employed in the state of AZ. I had a visit to a hospital

Customer Question

I m employed in the state of AZ. I had a visit to a hospital 3 days before my 90 day probation period was up. I then was written up and told I will go back on probation for another 90 days. Is this legal?? In fact I am not allowed to take any time off for Follow up doctor appointments etc.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Unfortunately, what you describe is legal because you have not been working for the state for at least one year. Accordingly, you are not yet protected under the medical leave act, which means that you are not entitled to take off time yet for medical needs. Having said that, it is incredibly unprofessional, though I suppose the silver lining is that you weren't terminated.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!