Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Is it legal boss to pay you knowing that the company's

Customer Question

Is it legal for your boss to pay you knowing that the company's credit union is not open making me Wait an additional four day to cash my check
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question, however, in order to assist you I will need some additional facts. Was the paycheck issued on a regularly scheduled payday? Why is the employee cashing the check in the Company's credit union? In other words, does the employer require that they receive their pay through this credit union only or does the employer issue the check and then it is up to the employee to either have a different bank account that they can deposit the money into or cash it with or use the Company's credit union if they have chosen not to have a separate account?