Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My school had their police department get together with law

Customer Question

My school had their police department get together with law enforcement in my town and do a welfare check on me and a DOJ background report. When the college PD came to my house, they looked at my driver's license and the said that they used a body camera, but they got the wrong birthdate and they also recorded that I am a white female. I'm mixed race and I am over 40. They also said that I'm a "former substance abuser" and "narco registrant". I've never been convicted of a drug offfence in my life. In fact, I'm a notary pubic and pharmacy technician, currently licenced in both in the state of Califronia. Isn't this defamation and libel? And the college suspended me, which is against their own policy., and also a violation of California law to suspend a disabled student (which I am, I'm bipolar and ADHD and this began over sexual harassment by a professor who is a heavy smoker on a non-smoking campus, I was extremely grossed out.) So I filed a Titile I complaint and the administration decided to retailiate and then local law enforcement after this initial welfare check came down hard on me and did two more welfare checks and actually held me in psychiatric custody when I was NOT IN DANGER far from it. So they kidnapped me.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Your question is:

Isn't this defamation and libel?

In order to answer this I need to know where they said you're a "former substance abuser" and "narco registrant".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On a DOJ background report prepared for the Andean of Stident Actuvities
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dean not Andean. Stupid autocorrect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a disabled student
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what they mean by a "narco registrant". I'm not familiar with term. Do you know what it means?

Also, did you see the DOJ background report?

I will be offline but will be back on in the morning.