Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Medical billing my deductibles have been met year 2014 and

Customer Question

Medical billing my deductibles have been met for the year 2014 and 2015 thru my medical insurance but the hospital and some other medical entities are still trying to extort money out of me my credit rating was at 830 and now it's at 720 how do I sue the hospital and the other medical entities for trying to extort money out of me and sue the collections for my credit rating back. Thank You if you can help
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'lll be glad to assist.

First, if you believe you are being extorted, you should contact the consumer fraud division of your state attorney general's office and report the activities of these entities and their collection agencies. The AG's office will investigate the allegations and charge the entities if there is proof of extortion.

Then you could file a civil suit against the same entities....and the good thing is that all of the work will be done for you as far as evidence collecting.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, you can file disputes with each credit reporting agency about the improper entries and try to have this removed....which would restore your rating.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If the credit bureaus will not restore your rating after proof that their information is incorrect, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (you can do this online).