Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Type Your Question Here...

Customer Question

Type Your Question Here...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not proud of what I am going to ask but here goes. For various self esteem issues I was on a dating site and was not honest about who I was. I "made up" a name and just found pictures off facebook and was pretending to be someone I was not. I met a woman on the dating site and we began to text and we spoke on the phone. She recently found out I was not who I said I was. Angry was an understatement and I totally understand why she would be. However, I found out from some other people that she is tracking me down and is going to try to make me lose my job and etc. What are my rights in this? I realize I deserve all I get but I also can't afford to lose my life over it.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

All you can do is involve law enforcement if she shows up at work or your home.You are not required to respond to her or explain yourself.She would be a trespasser here and possible stalker.I would hope that time here would cause her to loose interest in this.

You might have made an error here in not being honest but there were no crimes committed.If she appears at your home or work call the police and say nothing here.You cannot be fired for this, again it is not work related and you have done nothing illegal.The employer has no basis to terminate you.

Keep a low profile here for awhile, stay off the dating sites hopefully this resolves itself and she moves on.If you have to involve law enforcement.This is trespassing and possibly harassment as well.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here with moving on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still knowing what I did was wrong I never harassed her...never was unkind in
anyway...never asked her for anything (not money or address or anything). She messaged everyone on my fb (which I have sense closed done) my name and address. She even stated that she contacted the law enforcement in my city in Texas (she lives in Texas also
but in another city 500 miles away) and she said they told her they would flag me. I admit I have learned my lesson and I am scared of what she can do. She apparently has hired a private investigator to get pics of me and etc. Are there any criminal charges
that she can file against me? Do I have any legal standing?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

There was no crime here that I see.Closing the account was a good idea for awhile.Police would not do anything here I do not believe.If you have too if she stalks you further you may need to apply for a protective order here.Thats a court order in Texas that requires her to stay away and she can be arrested for violating the orders.

All you can do here is see if she shows up in some fashion or not.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If she threatens violence here is how to get protective orders.

http://texaslawhelp.org/files/685E99A9-A3EB-6584-CA74-137E0474AE2C/attachments/D82622E3-0353-63DF-9766-B6B92A7D8001/5-8-2012-protective-order-kit-final.pdf

Thanks again for the chance to help today.