Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am being sued by Asset Systems Inc. I believe it is a

Customer Question

Hello I am being sued by Asset Systems Inc. I believe it is a collection agency for medical bills. The problem is that they have lumped my room mate and myself together on these bills. I filed a response with the court, my room mate did not, they settled against him, but I have an arbitration tomorrow...I feel this should be thrown out completely. I do not understand how they can continue to sue me...Please help!!!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I can continue here with an answer.

In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How is it that the collection company has combined the bills? Did you agree at the hospital or medical provider to be responsible for your roommate's medical expenses?

2. Did your roommate settle based on only his bills?

3. What specific help are you looking for?

Thanks in advance,

Doug