Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

What language must I include in my petition occupational

Customer Question

What language must I include in my petition for an occupational driver's license and its order. What documents must I produce for the judge's consideration?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You use a preprinted petition here and complete the information requested.

http://texaslawhelp.org/files/685E99A9-A3EB-6584-CA74-137E0474AE2C/attachments/A4982C56-24AB-4DC8-A8F8-B71FE2D4F5F8/odl_petition_september_2015final-%282%29.pdf

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

An occupational license, also called an essential need license, is a special type of restricted license issued to individuals whose driver license has been suspended, revoked or denied for certain offenses other than medical or delinquent child support.

An occupational license authorizes the operation of a non-commercial motor vehicle in connection with an individual’s:

1. Work,
  2. School-related activities, or
  3. Performance of essential household duties.

Requests for an occupational license must be made to the Justice of the Peace, county or district court where the individual lives or to the court of original jurisdiction where the offense occurred.

If the Justice of the Peace, county or district court determines the individual is eligible to apply for an occupational license, then a court order will be issued. The court order is not the occupational license. A court order is only the order which authorizes the Department of Public Safety (DPS) to issue the occupational license.

The court order and all required items must be submitted to DPS before an occupational license will be issued. The court order may be used as a driver license for 45 days from the date of the judge’s signature while the request for an occupational license is processed.

Mailing address here..

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/OccupationalLicense.htm

I would file it with jp precinct where you reside.I think you have a better chance of having it granted on this level.

I appreciate the chance to help you and I wish you the best.