Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I did a loan signing borrower and my car was broken into and

Customer Question

I did a loan signing for a borrower and my car was broken into and the file stolen. all parties involved are on notice just not sure how to make preliminary restitution.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The simplest way to resolve this would be to have the documents re-signed and back dated to the original date.....with a disclaimer that says the files were stolen and that this is to recreate the documents originally executed.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

In fact, the lender's documents likely say that if the borrower is required to sign any additional/new documents to perfect the lien against the collateral, that he/she (borrower) agree to do so.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You shouldn't have any liability since an intervening criminal act of a third party is not your fault.....so I wouldn't see how you could be held responsible UNLESS there was some negligence on your part by having the documents at that point in time.