Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have an 8yr old son that's been dx with ADHD and he took a

Customer Question

hi I have an 8yr old son that's been dx with ADHD and he took a pocket knife to school. it was confiscated and they expelled him for 10 days pending investigation. then after the ten days they decided to give him an expulsion for 2 yrs. no he did not stab anyone . they did say he was a threat to students and teacher. tried to get him in school in another district, but was told that from the way that the incident was wrote up my son cant attend any public school for 2 yrs. therefore I have a 8yr old that I cant put into school for two yrs and its not fair to him nor me and I really think that its a racial thing. whats your advice?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Did your son have an IEP? Or a 504 Plan?

2) Explain what you mean that this is a "racial thing."

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!