How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 748
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-fiancé who is also a financial advisor, had been

Customer Question

My ex-fiancé who is also a financial advisor for BMO Harris, had been invading my cyber space by downloading malware onto my devices and connecting our phone numbers with AT&T so that he can spy on my, take my intellectual property and mentally manipulate me. I have a LOT of proof that he was keylogging and using a bridging technique called man in the middle to invade my cyberspace and take over my email accounts, Facebook accounts, txts, phone calls, vm and photos without me knowing. I have spoken to many police departments, but this person is well known and liked in a small village and no one is doing anything to help me. WHERE can I get HELP from this psychopath. BTW - he is also doing dangerous things to my possessions so that I shock myself and has gotten so dangerous, I filled an advisory with the FBI (but he intercepted that email and changed the pw so I can no longer access it and Yahoo Fraud does not seem concerned) and I actually moved out of the country to get away from this situation. PLEASE HELP ME.
Jennifer Choate
31 Nautilus, Unit 48
Port Douglas, QLD 4788
Australia ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The two options available to you are to either sue him in civil court or to file a restraining order. I'm sure you have tried to file a restraining order and the police has not cooperated (per your question). The only other thing you would be able to do is sue him civilly. Unfortunately, this process could be long, drawn out, and expensive so I'm not too sure it would be a great option for you either.

You should definitely escalate things in the police department as much as possible to get the restraining order though.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.