LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

If a phone call was placed by cell phone 1.5 years ago can

Customer Question

If a phone call was placed by cell phone 1.5 years ago can record that a call was placed still be acessed
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, it may be possible. However, for the records to be turned over, you will need a court order. If there is pending litigation, you can ask the Judge to sign and issue the order to the phone company to turn over the records. Now, this is only possible if they keep these records for a period of time ( which they should) and if they have them, can provide this. You would simply need to show that this record is relevant to the case and if it can be done, the Judge should have no problem/issue, signing the order.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
some phone companies keep long term records others donor? The event occurred in June 14 iay be called to talk about placement of a phone call but have not received any indication that I will be called. Is it typical that an individual would know if they will be called earlier than 1,5 years from the event
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rather talk than type

I am inclined to believe that they would have the phone records since it likely is store in a system and those records are kept for a while.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!