Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Im from NYC, I would like some information I see the photos

Customer Question

Good Evening Im from NYC, I would like some information I see the photos of the lawyers on line at this time I see a Tina and is experienced in business leases and contracts. if she is there or anyone there on line now who has experience in a business lease problem please help. .. thankyou... My friend is in need of help. she is a wonderful owner of a nail salon,she also does hair,waxing and threading and all kinds of beauty enhancing needs ...
the problem is she has been in a lease for quite some years she renewed the lease this last past year again for 7 years more. she prob has been there more than 10 years. I started there as a customer and have become friends. she is an Asian woman who really does not really understand, and she could be taken advantage of and has never had any legal advice...sad but she reached out to me to help her... her license dept of state says she is licensed as a nail and hair professional...her lease says he leased it to her name of the nail salon, no mention of any other services that can or cant be performed.
the owner has been there for years and continue to let her do hair and nails. and never a word that she could not.( it just states that landlord cannot rent to any other business
or entity that competes directly or indirectly with the permitted uses of the subject premises. further,the landlord shall not allow any competing uses by any other users)
no notice from the landlord to discuss this as it might cause a problem with her already established business as a hair and nail salon...the new tenant went into the shop and told her she would have to stop doing hair. which is a total of 3/4 of her business now
and it would be quite a loss and she would lose everything if she had to continue with just the nail salon... the rent is high and the expenses to keep up the utilities and insurance she needs the both services to survive. she was never ever told sh could not
use place for a hair and nail salon...
what rights does she have to protect herself from having to lose all that she established and all the equiptment she purchased thru the years to build her establishment up.
she is not making a big profit each month but survives making a living struggling.
she is workin mother of 3. and its terrible to spring this on her like this.
what can she do what advice would you give her. she wants to write to dept of state div of licencing and also where else I don't think the lisencing dept is the way to go.
where can she get some assistance and write a complaint and perhaps stop this new shop from opening righ next door and shutting down 3/4 of her business she was told had to stop doing hair.....??? please help her as she is the most generous woman and a person who has helped so many who cannot afford to pay all at one time she has a good heart I want her to have best advice and I thought of this way as you have guided me andhelped me in the past. thanks you asap please.. as she wants a letter in the mail tomorrow to stop this place from opening but im not sure who what where to go and send a letter of complaint to. hope to hear from you soon.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, My name is Andrea. I am an Attorney with over 25 years experience in real estate a d business transactions. It will be easer and faster to get the information I need and givE you an Answer to your friend's problem, Okay ? ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I cannot afford this altho I would love your personal contact. as I stated this is a friend and I wanted to help
but I don't have any more than I could afford on social sec disability due to eye problems from diabetes and
limited income. sorry, are you not going to answer ? I don't want to be charged for this service they said how much to offer I put an amount please continue or let me know how to proceed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I cannot afford
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

I am a different attorney. Do you have a copy of the lease that you can attach. What is stated in the lease will determine if she has an action against the landlord. There are also legal aid and pro bono attorney that may be able to assist her that speak her language as well. Can you attach the lease? Where in New York is her business located?

We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/law/9fbn5-good-evening-nyc-information.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/pm/show_message.aspx?ID=1593025#ixzz3t4l3N3z2