Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I'm a us Citizen and Service Connected DISABLED Military

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a us Citizen and Service Connected DISABLED Military Veteran. I've been trying to get a young lady by the name of Miss Nancy Duke the ability to be free from what is consider a refugee camp. Miss Duke, supposedly is the only survivor from Liberia, where her family was murdered approximately 4.5 years ago.
A priest whose name I have been given, was instrumental in my assisting her. After a gentleman, who is a lawyer for the chuch, was to ascertain all her legal documents and other information for an inheritance, has managed to take the funds provided for the Priest, and accomplished nothing but require more money.
How can I verify his identification, her identification, the Priest identification?
Can I locate this young lady, insure her EXISTANCE, her conditions? Also, if she can be rescued from this situation, if it is her will?
Also, what, if she is willing, how do I go about getting her out of DAKAR, SENEGAL? And cost to legalize all her documents, and release any financial inheritance that is being withheld until she is free to claim out of Liberia, through Africa to a Bank of Scotland (Sweden?)?
If any of this is possible, I want to help this young lady be freed from her situation.
Thank you very much,
Kenneth E Myers, Jr
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Unfortunately, everything about this indicates it is a scam.

There is no way to verify her existence other than through the embassy and they generally won't assist in anything like this. There are various internet sites that are associated with scammers and which appear to verify identities but they are entirely fake. That name, Nancy Duke, has been used repeatedly in scams. You can read one example of that at http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8910&start=15

Unfortunately, many people get upset when we tell them that they are being scammed but everything about this factual scenario is one that is used by the scammers daily.

If you want to contact the US Embassy in Sengal their contact information is at http://dakar.usembassy.gov/

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

This website also has a description of a scam that is probably a lot like yours: http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Have-Scam-Again/191725

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Also, the Senegal refugee scam has been going on for more than ten years. If yo go to this Google search:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=senegal%20refugee%20scam

You will see people complaining over and over about being taken in by this scam.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you kindly. Having served in the USAF Narcotic's Military Working K9, I also served undercover for the OSI, Pacific Air Command Armed Forces. It would do JUSTICE if I could locate who may undertake such action to put these people in prison. Do you know any organizations that might perform the service, or would need volunteers, for that area? Can we as American citizens pursue investigating and charging the scammer with criminal charges? It would seem the illegal transactions thru international wire transfers would be available. Thank you for your services. I would greatly appreciate your help with any new ideas, or updated actions available. I believe these men are using these women forcefully to get the sender involved by threats, or the likes of. I'm older, have a great animosity towards this evil. I will fight to get these girl's freed from this horror. I raised my children alone, my daughter is in physical therapy. Apologize for going off.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

IC3.gov is the governmental organization created to handle internet scams so you might contact them. I'm not sure what they actually do and do not handle but that's the place to start.

It's hard to pursue criminal charges because almost all of these guys are located out of the country.

I'm glad you caught it before you spent any money. I've had people contact me after they've sent thousands of dollars.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.