Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I signed up with a national home improvement co.. I quit

Customer Question

I signed up with a national home improvement co. for leads. I quit paying for the service because I was not told I would be competing with 10 or more other subs for the leads.
now they've turned my account over to a collection agency. they say my reason for quitting is invalid because the terms are legal since I gave them my credit tcard # ***** they now are saying they will settle for 2/3 of original amount. Should I settle?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. With the agreement you signed for the leads, did it lock you in for a specific period of time? I am trying to get an idea about how much time you were locked in for and if they disclosed anything specific about the types of leads?

Hi are you still with me?