Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am in Colorado and being totally vilified by a man in GA I

Customer Question

I am in Colorado and being totally vilified by a man in GA I have never even met. We would like to consider a class action suit (there are quite a few of us) i know its a holiday so I may not get an answer right away, but he is now threatening one of my staff who lives in GA and it has me scared for her
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Can you provide me with more details about the situation, such as the nature of the threats, how the threats are made, etc...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dreamweaver Akitas on the web. My business is called Akita Planet, and to my knowledge he never has seen it

How is this person threatening you? Please provide me with details about the situation, so I can better understand it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir an answer was provided you have not respoonded
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You need to go to his web page, Dreamweaver Akitas, look at the tabs called Akita Planet, my busiiness, a page called. Injunction and threaten to kill a vet
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor had to leave.

Something most non attorneys do not understand is that suits just do not start as a class action. Suits must start with one party filing suit. In order for there to be a class action, there have to be 21 or more plaintiffs who have had the same exact thing done to them to put them in an identical position. Here each threat is individual and each defamatory statement is individual, so each suit is individual.

You have grounds to sue him for defamation/libel and also for the threats and harassment, but you must sue him in GA because that is the court that has personal jurisdiction over him. You can sue for not only damages he has caused but also to get an injunction against him to force him to remove the post on his site and also to restrain him from any further posts about you or your business and also from any contact with you or your employees.

As you are a business, you have to be represented by an attorney in GA to sue him and you can get a general litigation attorney in GA at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org. Also, your staff member needs to go to court personally and file a restraining order against him for the threats.

These are your rights and options in this situation, based on the facts you have presented.