Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Is there any law in Indiana that prohibits someone from

Customer Question

Is there any law in Indiana that prohibits someone from selling their real estate via a Raffle type of sale?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

This is not illegal in Indiana.Here is an article where they did this by and essay version to get around the raffle restrictions.Raffles themselves are limited to nonprofits.

Reference.

Raffle Laws and Requirements

The organization must be non-profit [45 IAC 18-1-7 (a)(1)] and either have been in active, continuous existence in Indiana for at least 5 years or be affiliated with an Indiana parent organization which has been operating in Indiana at least 5 years [45 IAC 18-1-7 (a)(2)]. Also, the organization must be exempt from taxation under either an Indiana or Federal statute [45 IAC 18-1-7 (a)(3)].

http://wgntv.com/2015/06/24/indiana-couple-giving-away-their-6200-sq-foot-log-cabin-for-free-photos/

They gave house away you entered with $150 and an essay.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best if you want to try a similar approach.

I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.