Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I need to transfer my deceased husband's fractional

Customer Question

I need to transfer my deceased husband's fractional ownership in oil/gas royalties to me in Sussex Unit in Johnson County. We have received regular monthly payments in a direct deposit checking account for over 30+ years from a Conoco oil lease from at least 3 different entities--formerly Anadarko and now Fleur de Lis Energy in Texas. Everything in Nebraska was held JWROS (no real estate or motor vehicles) so I'm wondering what is required to get this royalty transferred to me. I do have his Will leaving everything to me, a death certificate and a copy of our marriage certificate. He, his 2 uncles and 1 aunt owned a .165...... interest each. Thank you. You may reach me at xxx xxx xxxx.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Can you please tell me:

1) Have you have filed for probate for his estate?

2) Is his interest held in the form of a royalty deed? Or not sure?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.