How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will the police help me to get my freedom from my parents?

Customer Question

Will the police help me to get my freedom from my parents?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

What happened?

How old are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 21 years old. I lived with my bf. Then my parents don't like him and don't want me to live with him anymore, so they took all of my stuffs like clothes, passport, greencard, and social security card. They make me to go far away and never see my bf again. Otherwise they will my life and my bf's life miserable.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

How did they get access to yout stuff if you were not living with them?

Where did this happen?

Did you file a police report?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They tricked me to go back to their house and then they keep my phone and I couldn't call for help. They make me to go back to my house to get my stuff. I don't know whether police can help me or not. That's why I didn't call.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

You can call the police but they will probably tell you that this is a civil matter. I am sorry but I have very little faith that the police will assist you, but it's worth a try. Please let me know what they say if you file a report.

Why can't you just leave and return to your boyfriend's home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't just live. My dad took away my car. I am very far away from my bf's home. And my dad said if I do that he will kill my bf or me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just call the police and tell them the problem? Ask them to help me? I can't live like this without freedom.
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can call them.

Please let me know if they will help or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you so much :")

Related Legal Questions