MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Can i get a 3000 $ advance down truck payment which was made

Customer Question

Can i get a 3000 $ advance down for a truck payment which was made in 2013,at that time i wanted to borrow the difference from a lender and the due time was passed . On the dealer receipt say s no cash refund on used parts,Well i never get actually any part or equipment because the lender delay .They didn't want to refund the money because they say i hold them back at that time .The equipment never was in my possession, can i sue them ..
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but not sure I understand. Are you saying you put down $3K as a deposit to hold the truck (for you to finish the purchase at a later time)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it happen in 2013 Novemb before Thanks Giving i fly to Memphis ,TN to a dealer .I liked a truck and i wrote a 3000 cec because my lender told me i will be approve,as the 15 day passed because of the holiday and the deal felt . When i called for a refund they refuse to talk to me or answer the phone because i was in FL and dealer in TN,..So i quit calling . Now every time i see the receipt i wonder if i could do something for a refund ..Any answer would be appreciate .
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

thank you
Are you asking if you can sue to recover your deposit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or some kind of a refund .
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

One more...the deposit, was there any indication that the deposit was refundable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already pay why do i need to pay again ..
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sorry...pay what again...I was asking if there was any agreement your deposit was refundable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rip off , no thank you
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Sorry...are you talking to me? What do you mean "rip off"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the number ..
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

What is what number...sorry...I do not understand...are you looking to talk on the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a receipt where it say no refund on parts sale but is not say n no equipment sale..Somebody need to see the receipt .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i upload in a min ..
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am going to allow someone else to help you. Best of luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can upload the receipt ..
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. You can sue them to attempt to recover the down payment. You should find a local attorney in Tennessee and have them first send a demand letter to the dealership demanding return of the deposit. If they do not return the deposit during the requested timeframe (I would give them 30 days), then you can file suit depending on what the documentation you signed says.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do that ,thank you

No problem. Please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.