Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I forgot to appear at Queens Traffic Violations Bureau

Customer Question

I forgot to appear at Queens Traffic Violations Bureau yesterday. I had an appointment to appear yesterday at 8am and just remembered. I have a daughter (age 45) with special needs and she has been presenting some problems and I've been distracted - that is the reason for my forgetting. I pleaded "not guilty" to a traffic ticket January 25, xxxx. What must I do to rectify this problem I now have?
Carmella xxxxxxx
768 xxxx xxx xxxx
xxxx NY xxxx
Ticket #AAY6918811
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

You have 30 days to try to reset your appointment after which your license will be automatically suspended if you don't. So if this matter just happened yesterday, you want to get over there as soon as you can and try to set a new appointment.

It's discretionary. By that, I mean that the ALJ can set a new date for you or can deny you a new date, and they will probably make you pay a bond to get the date so that they know that this time you'll make your appearance. But the sooner you get back there and and try to get a new date, the more likely they will give you one.

They will likely send you a notice of this as well, but you shouldn't wait for it.