Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Must create a findings of facts and conclusions of law

Customer Question

Must create a findings of facts and conclusions of law for a pennsylvania foreclosure defense....is there a template and/or a list of sample cases
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
As the name suggests, these documents are created based on specific facts of each case, so they are all very different in terms of content and specific templates directly related to your facts and law in your case are not going to be available.
Each judge in each court has their own preferred format, which their clerk should provide you a sample of. However, there are some samples we can give you links to that can assist to the basic format to show you what is generally expected, they are not a substitute for checking with the judge's law clerk to see what format that judge prefers.
See for example: http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/plaintiffs-trial-memorandum-proposed-f-53262/
Also: http://www.allstatecase.com/uploads/docs/%5B652%5D_Plaintiffs_Proposed_Findings_of_Fact_and_Conclusions_of_Law_Based_on_June_2015_Trial.PDF
These provide you the basic template and give you the idea of what you need to do based on your specific facts and case law applied to those facts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there an error on the second link? The case law has zero to do with foreclosure defense.Case Law needed for the following:
Mortgager breached when they lost tens of thousands of insurance proceeds checks and never arranged re-issuance despite 100 contacts with defendant
REMIC Trustee can show no chain of title whatsoever for standing
Thank you for your reply.
The second link was for format purposes only, not for facts. As I said, these documents are VERY specific to each case, so there is no one size fits all I am afraid to give you an exact template.
I am sorry but, case law research is outside the scope of our service, because of the cost of access to the databases (about $160 per hour) and because of state laws. You have to do your own legal research which you can do at the court library with their free access to those databases.
We can only provide the templates as I said to show you what they look like and to give you the start on knowing how to prepare them, we cannot write them for you or do case law research for customers, the state bar association prohibits that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then there exist no ability for you to answer the question...correct?Why respond? It is not right to charge someone for no value.
thank you for your reply.
If you read the terms and scope of this service, which every customer agrees to before posting a question, we are forbidden from practice of law, which includes doing research for customers on their cases. You asked for a sample template and we provided you what we can provide within the scope and terms of our service and within what the state laws restrict us to providing.
I am sorry you feel that having a template to follow, which is what you asked for, is of no value. You are free to ask customer service for a refund at http://ww2.justanswer.com if you like and you can go to a local attorney for the in depth representation that you are seeking. I do apologize for any misunderstandings of what we can legally do for customers.