Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I received a civil summons bills that I didn't know about.

Customer Question

I received a civil summons for hospital bills that I didn't know about. The bills were sent to my old physical address(that is printed on the summons) and because I have a Post Office box they were not forwarded. Since my insurance paid well over 100 thousand dollars and I didn't hear from anybody I assumed it was paid. The Lawyers for the Plaintiff are asking for $8,282.22 that I don't have. Will I be able to negotiate settlement before court to pay a percentage of what I owe? With a Heart decease I was hoping to draw Social Security and I could never afford monthly payments. Thank you. Dale from Tennessee
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Dale. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you this morning.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Have you contacted the attorneys representing the hospital? Do you have assets which would be vulnerable to a judgment?