Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
77500129

Recently(Oct) sued amount above auto policy limits. Early

Customer Question

Recently(Oct) sued for an amount above auto policy limits. Early stage of suit. MetLife lawyers working case. What can I do to protect assets particularly my current long term care benefits and proceeds from recently sold primary residence. Moved to assisted living facility in Utah in July. Incident occured on 9/1/2013 while living in oregon.
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. There really isn't much you can do. Anything at this point would be attacked as a fraudulent conveyance because it was done to avoid potential creditors. I'm not sure they could reach the long-term care benefits, but if you live in Utah they would at least have to have the judgment entered in Utah in order to enforce it. I expect that it would eventually settle for your policy limits if you are truly at fault.

Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 12 months ago.

I hope you found my answer helpful. I only receive credit for my answer if you rate it, so I would appreciate it if you could do this. Thank you!