Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am a 40 percent owner of a successful company. After 15

Customer Question

I am a 40 percent owner of a successful company. After 15 years in business with my partner, we have entered into a serious, "romantic" relationship. He owns 45% of the company and serves as President of the operation. the issue is this: During a late evening quarrel over personal matters not involving the company, he "banned me from the premises" saying I was not allowed. The next morning things were fine, but now I am concerned. As a minority owner, can he legally ban me from the property (leased; not owned). What rights do or do I not have?
Thank you,
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, who holds the lease? Is the business the lease holder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the company holds the lease to the property. The situation is presently resolved. I need to know my rights should this relationship go sour.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My business partner and my late husband ( passed 3 years ago) were best friends and business partners for 30 years. I was in a similar industry and joined the company two years ago after inheriting his full voting shares of the company. I need to know what my partner can and cannot do in terms of allowing me access to our software which shows all of our financials.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

SOrry for the delay, computer crashed :(

Can you tell me the business structure? Is it a partnership? Corporation? What is the structure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this information going to be published on your website?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

This is a public website. So the information is public. If you like, we can chat on the phone about this.