Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have small llc and received letter stating that my firm

Customer Question

I have small llc and received letter stating that my firm has been charged with snap trafficking and is permanently disqualified or I have cmp for 42000 my store is convenience store but it is like mini grocery store we sell raw meat and people around are dependant on ebt and this store they purchase meat and we cook and serve them cold which all big grocery stores have started to do it people here are with large families so when they get ride they come and do big transactions the nearest meat store around themis 14 miles and person who is dependant on ebt don't have that much money to travel that far so when they come they make large transactions also my items are also marked even amount so I have lot of same cent amounts in transactions also I break up transactions sometime if its too large because I heard about people exchanging ebt for money so please guide me I need answer as soon as possible I have only 4 days left i have all purchase receipt of meat and grocery from vendor also will i face any criminal charges if they don't accpept my evidence and what kind of evidence they need to have to prove myself non guilty
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have not violated the food stamp laws by giving cash for these cards, then you need to present your evidence to the government. You cannot represent yourself in this matter, because not only could you remain permanently banned, but you could as you said end up charged with food stamp fraud.

You need proof to show your EBT sales match the product that you have actually sold. So you need to match your purchase of supplies records with your sales records to show you did actually sell the product you claim to have sold under the EBT.

This is going to require detailed accounting and you need to have a local attorney representing you on this matter to present it to the agency as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have detailed sales recipt I have only dept showing end of the day total sale of foodstamp
Thank you for your reply.
You are going to have the burden of proving that the amount of product you purchase matches the amount of sales to prove you are selling what you are charging to EBT. Again, this is why I said it is going to take some work and you are going to have to use an attorney to represent you against the agency.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much is going to cost for lawyer and what are my chances I have all purchase order receipts and I have sales tax paper which I file every month for state and county
Thank you for your reply.
A lawyer may cost you $1000 or $2000, depending on how complicated it gets after that it may cost you more, but what you would lose by being removed from the program plus fines and penalties could cost you way more than that if you do not get an attorney.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where can I find lawyer I need as soon as possible as I got this letter on Thursday since then I am trying to contact person on letter but no luck in getting in touch
Thank you for your reply.
You would find one at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you represent my case
Thank you for your reply.
I am sorry to say that state law forbids any expert on this site from representing anyone from this site. You would need to get a local attorney, I do apologize, but we have to abide by the state laws.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what specialty lawyer do I need to get
Thank you for your reply.
You would need a business law or corporate attorney.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I m getting hard time in finding can you find out for me
thank you for your reply.
I cannot do your jury instructions for you, I know you understand that. The link I provided, you open the link and it will show you all of the jury instructions. You go to torts-negligence and that is what you go through.