Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

This evening I was at the Hollywood Casino in Columbus Ohio.

Customer Question

this evening I was at the Hollywood Casino in Columbus Ohio. I play there quite a bit but yet this evening one of the security guards approaches me asking me about something that occurred almost 2 years ago. According to him I hit the swing gate that controls entrance into the VIP parking garage where I park my car.. when in actuality the swing gate came down on top of my car. It didn't do any damage so I left now apparently they are trying to come after me for damages to their gate. When I ask the security guard if I'm being charged with anything I want to see the video evidence he stated that will not be done until we go to court. This was all done in front of a huge group of friends singling me out for something that was over 2 years old and and yet I play there at least three times a week what options do I have
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

This doesn't sound like something that would result in a criminal charge.....it would be a civil issue. So, it's not likely that you'd be "charged" with anything. That said, the casino could sue you for property damage to its gate, but if the gate malfunctioned and came down on your vehicle, you could have a right to sue/counter-sue as well.

Whether they do anything or not is anyone's guess and this person may be just trolling you for some reason.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, if you are sued, you would be entitled to the video or any other evidence that the casino has.