MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Can the issues and verdict of case 1 be presented to a jury

Customer Question

can the issues and verdict of case 1 be presented to a jury in related case 2???
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer is that it depends. This is an evidentiary rule question. Depending on how it was being introduced and for what purpose is whether it would be permitted. The opposing attorney should have objected to the introduction of the previous verdict. There are only very specific situations where the verdict could be introduced and presented to the jury.

I hope this answer has helped. Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.