MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My wife had a private investigator download all my text

Customer Question

My wife had a private investigator download all my text messages, phone records, pictures, videos off my cell phone under the pretense that it was being checked for bugs or tracking devices. She did this after I admitted that I had an affair. Is there anything I can legally do against the PI and her company since there was no permission given from me to do this?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes. You can file a lawsuit against the private investigator for invasion of privacy. You should consult a local civil litigation attorney about this.

Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience. Thank you!