Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Yesterday i was walking my large breed dog (husky ) when a

Customer Question

Yesterday i was walking my large breed dog (husky ) when a much smaller terrier type charged at me barking. I pulled on my dogs leash and the collar malfunctioned (the plastic buckle broke) the 2 got into a fight. I am not sure if my dog broke the other dog's skin. My dog did have a busted lip and small bite on his leg. Is my dog in danger of being deemed vicious?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

No, your dog was not the aggressor here, the other dog was. Your dog's reaction was to defend itself and you from a perceived threat regardless of the size. It is the other owner's fault that this occurred because if they had their dog under control, the altercation would not have happened.

.

So if anything, it would be the other dog's owner who could be held liable for any injuries or damages here.

.

.

thanks