Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have worked at my present job 1/2 years. My employer

Customer Question

I have worked at my present job for 35 1/2 years. My employer merged with another hospital about 5 years ago. Their H.R. Policy states that it is mandatory to have a Pa. Criminal Background Check. And if an employee has been convicted under one or more of the crimes defined in Pa. Act 1690 1990 Section 501 Definitions and expanded in Section 503 they will be terminated. About 25 years ago I was convicted of petty retail thief of about 7-8 dollars in merchandise. Will I fall under this Policy?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1. If the merger happened 5 years ago, why is this coming up now?

2. Did you check you public criminal history to see if it even shows up there?

3. I did not find any such law: "Pa. Act 1690 1990 Section 501" can you double check the cite please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been a slow merger and they have implemented things slowly over the pass 5 years. I have not checked my record. I don't know how to go about this. I am sorry I typed that wrong. It is Pa. Act 1690 1996, Section 501 Definitions and expanded in Section 503
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

You can check you own criminal history at public info sites like the ones listed here.

Still not finding that law. See here. This one does not seem to apply. Need more info about this law as the cite does not appear to be correct.