LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 25 years.
58185682

Is there a stature of limitation on debt judgements 2008

Customer Question

is there a stature of limitation on debt judgements 2008 till present
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

In PA there are 3 statute of limitation periods associated with money judgments. The "5 year period", "10 Year period", and the "20 year period."

The 5 year period is only applicable to the the lien on the debtor's real estae in that county. If the creidtot does not file a writ of revival every 5 years the lien lapses. The lien may be revived every 5 years, indefinitely. If the judgement is not revived with in 10 years of docketing, or the last writ of revival, the lien is lost forever.

The 20 year period is applicable to money judgments for purposes of determing the statute of limitations against personal propery. In PA an execution against personal property must be issued within 20 years after the entry of judgment upon which the execution is issued. So after 20 years the creditor cannot go after personal property.
​I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

_________________________________________________________________

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legaleagle1 also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.

I am following up to see if you need any additional assistance. Also if you have not yet rated my answer please take time to do so.