Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
77500129

My grown daughter and family is living else where but

Customer Question

My grown daughter and family is living else where but despite multiple requests will not move her furniture and other belongings from m house (occupying 3 rooms). What can I do legally?
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I am not sure which state you are in, so I can only give you general advice. You don't have any general legal obligation to keep your daughter's property for her. What you could do is let her know that you consider the property abandoned, and if she wants it she can pick it up or arrange for it to be picked up. Otherwise you will dispose of the property by donation or sale if possible. In California there is an actual form that you could provide her notifying her that you consider the property abandoned, and I believe most states have statutes that govern abandoned property.

Hello, I hope you were happy with my service. I only receive credit for this response if you rate my service, so if you could do so I would appreciate it. Thank you!