Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I got fired from walmart because i stole Money under $500

Customer Question

I got fired from walmart because i stole Money under $500 theres an application hearing on december 2 i font know what will happen
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..When a civilian makes a written application for the issuance of a criminal arrest warrant, a Judge makes a determination as to whether the application should be set down for a hearing. If the Judge determines that the application should be set down for a hearing, this form is filled out stating the crime alleged and setting down the time, date, and location of the hearing. The Judge delivers one copy to the applicant at the time of the application. The Clerk of Court mails one copy to the defendant at the address provided by the applicant..O.C.G.A. 17-4-40. (b) (1) If application is made for a warrant by a person other than a peace officer or law enforcement officer and the application alleges the commission of an offense against the penal laws, the judge or other officer shall schedule a warrant application hearing as provided in this subsection..O.C.G.A. 17-4-40. (b) (4) At the warrant application hearing, the rules regarding admission of evidence at a commitment hearing shall apply. The person seeking the warrant shall have the customary rights of presentation of evidence and cross-examination of witnesses. The person whose arrest is sought may cross-examine the person or persons applying for the warrant and any other witnesses testifying in support of the application at the hearing. The person whose arrest is sought may present evidence that probable cause does not exist for his or her arrest. The judge ... shall have the right to limit the presentation of evidence and the cross-examination of witnesses to the issue of probable cause. O.C.G.A. 17-4-40. (b) (5) At the warrant application hearing , a determination shall be made whether or not probable cause exists for the issuance of a warrant for the arrest of the person whose arrest is sought. If the judge finds that probable cause exists, the warrant may issue instantly..So you really need to have a criminal defense attorney representing you. Accused persons, who are unable to afford counsel, may apply for court appointed counsel. This application must be in writing and be submitted under oath. Forms are at the Magistrate Court. See MAG 20-03, Appointed Counsel & Affidavit of Financial Resources..You must immediately appear before a magistrate court judge to apply for appointed counsel in order to do so before the hearing because hearings will not be continued for the failure to timely apply for appointed counsel or hire counsel. ..thanksBarrister