Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Hopefully you can answer this. I have a business whose name

Customer Question

Hopefully you can answer this. I have a business whose name is ***** ***** the US trademark office. There are businesses that are using the name without authorization. I've already sent an email letter to one in particular and have not heard anything
back. Please advise..thanks
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I am not sure where you are located, but because this deals with federal law I can help you answer this. I would find their actual mailing addresses and mail the businesses that are violating your trademark a certified letter demanding that they cease doing business under your name in violation of the trademark. If you are willing to license the name to them you could offer that with the appropriate compensation. If they refuse or don't answer, you can file a lawsuit in US District Court for trademark infringement and other causes of action. Usually the threat of a lawsuit will be enough to get them to comply.