Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My business partner and I had a disagreement over $3144. He

Customer Question

My business partner and I had a disagreement over $3144. He terminated me for misappropriation of funds 2/2012. I denied allegations referred to an attorney. November 26, 2012 he terminated me from Wells Fargo Bank Accounts totalling about $200,000. and from database preventing client access for business. Suit filed in December 2013. Wells Fargo and Kaplan did not have amended LLC agreements to take me off accounts and did so only by his signing paperwork on same. To date, I have not signed any settlement on this case. At this point I would like to sue both these big institutions for allowing my partner to do this without my express consent. I voiced objections to Kaplan immediately and Wells Fargo to no avail.
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 1 year ago.

This is an unfortunate situation, it is clear you have a valid lawsuit against your partner, however a lawsuit against the bank would be difficult, unless you can show that when you opened the corporate account, it stated specifically all partners could only withdraw funds not one.

You would have to show the bankers violated a specific clause or agreement you had that did not allow the fraud, if you have such an agreement a suit should be considered.