Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Forced to legally evict adult son. Can he come back

Customer Question

Forced to legally evict adult son. Can he come back eventually?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

An eviction of your son is simply a court order giving you the ability to have the sheriff evict your son. Whether or not you allow you son to come back is entirely up to you as the homeowner. The eviction order doesn't give your neighbor any rights; rather, it simply authorizes you to force him out. And, as the homeowner, you can allow him to come back should you choose. Should he act out with your neighbor, your neighbor may have rights to sue for any damages caused by your son's behavior, but he has no rights to enforce the eviction order you receive.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!