Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
77500129

We just bought a house. It's on a well. Before we bought the

Customer Question

we just bought a house. It's on a well. Before we bought the house, the well water was tested. Came out almost perfect water. Come to find out, they tested the well through the RO system. Is that legal?
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. We have a number of properties out where I practice and live with water wells, so I can at least answer your general questions (I don't know which state you are in). First, by RO system I assume you mean a reverse-osmosis system? The RO system would remove impurities from the water, so you aren't getting the actual results from water directly from the well. It is preferable instead to take it from the a bib closer to the storage tank or off the tank if you have one. You may want to have the water tested again to see what the actual water quality is before it is run through RO System because that would give you an idea if there are any problems with the well casing or the pipe to the pump. If you find that there are issues with the water, then you may have a claim against the testing company. I hope this helps!

Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I hope you are happy with my service. I only receive credit for this response if you rate my service, so if you could do so I would appreciate it. Thank you!