LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

When married I had a accident with medical bills of

Customer Question

when married I had a accident with medical bills of $10,000.00 which was paid in full now going thru divorce and this is in paperwork "my name shall be responsible for all medical bills and future medical bills associated with any injuries sustained by her in Bimni Bahamas on" it was no fault of mine my guestion is can my future ex make me pay anything back
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you sign an agreement that you shall be responsible for "all medical bills associated with any injuries sustained by her in Bimni Bahamas" then arguably, your ex could look to you to reimburse him for medical bills paid during the marriage.

What you will want to do is perhaps agree to be responsible for any future medical bills arising out of the injuries you sustained in the Bahamas----but not agree to be personally responsible for medical bills that have already been paid with marital income or assets during the marriage.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug