John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

SOCAIL SECURITY DISABILITRY .I HAVE NOT WORKED MONTHS.i

Customer Question

I aM APPLYINGFO SOCAIL SECURITY DISABILITRY .I HAVE NOT WORKED FOR 10 MONTHS.i HAAVE ASTHMA AND SPINAL STENOSIS AND HERNATED DISC.i AM RECEIVING NERVE BLOCK INJECTIONS.mY BACK PROBLEM ALSO STEMS FROM CHEMOTHERAPY TREATMENT S I HAVE RECEEIVED FOR BREAST CANCER.thE QUESTIONS THAT THE SOCIAL SECURITY DEPT IS ASKING ME IS WHAT DO I DO FROM THE TIME I WAKE UP UNTILTHE TIME I GO TO BED A NIGHT,aNOTHER QUESTION IS HOW MUCH cAN I LIFT
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

SSA wants to know 1) whether you are engaged in substantial gainful activity, 2) whether you have a sever impairment that interferes with daily living and work function, 3) whether you meet their listings (i.e., a list of predetermined conditions that they have already found qualify you as disabled), 4) if you don't meet their listings whether you can do past jobs (work you've done in the last 15 years, and 5) if you cannot even do past relevant work, whether you can do any job in the economy given your placement on their grid assessment (taking into consideration your age, training, skills, ability to strain (sedentary, or light).

Obviously you must be honest in your assessment of your own abilities on your application, but the less you are doing per day (including in ability to do daily routine matters like bathe, sleep, think, walk bend etc.) the better, and the less than 10 lbs lifting is the best. In all likelihood you'll meet their listing, but just in case you don't ou should accurately reflect that.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you're otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.