Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a judgement filed against me and my painting business

Customer Question

I have a judgement filed against me and my painting business for over-time pay to a worker. The judgement is past 30 days for me to appeal. Another attorney told me that my only recourse now is to put up a bond for the entire judgement amount. Since I am not satisfied with the judgement , what are my options at this juncture?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If it is past time to appeal, but one still wishes to attempt to overturn the judgment, one can file for Bill of Review. This is a highly subjective filing which asks the Court for relief based on equity. See HERE. This is a long shot, but really the only one if the appeal process has run out.

Good luck.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.