LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I've just got a Loudoun county (VA) decal citation this

Customer Question

Hi, I've just got a Loudoun county (VA) decal citation this morning, for "Loudoun expired" Its the company vehicle . Am I responsible ?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Can you please share with me the citation number / code that is on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
46.2-755

Thank you for the additional information. It is the responsibility of the driver, of a motor vehicle, to make sure any decals are current, registration is up to date and the vehicle is insured. As such, you would need to answer to and cure the problem. Now, since it is a company vehicle, you need to advise them of this and ask that they obtain a current decal and remedy the problem. They should not have a company vehicle on the roadways, that is not up to date with everything. Then, you can appear in court and try and see, since this was corrected and you can explain it was a company vehicle, if the state will consider dropping the charge.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!