RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Is legal if a company sign a promotion job to avoid you move

Customer Question

Is legal if a company sign a promotion job to avoid you move out and after they does not respect it and just ignore it?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Because you had a signed agreement between you and the company, you arguably would have a civil claim for damages due to breach of the contractual agreement, and detrimental reliance (that is, you relied on the agreement that they would promote you when you turned down your other offer, to your detriment). However, there is one big potential issue I foresee. Under Florida law, the statute of limitations, or time limit, to file a lawsuit on a written contract, is 5 years. If this agreement was from 2006, then the time to file has long run out, and you would regrettably be barred from filing suit.

If you need clarification or additional information, please REPLY and I'll be happy to assist you further. Thank you.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any follow-up questions or additional information I could answer regarding this matter? If so, please reply and I'm happy to assist you. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave me positive feedback, as that is the only way experts on this site are paid, even though you have left a deposit. Thank you!